CNStats 4.2 User Manual
Filters allow customizing the reports representation according to your requirements. Beside the data display convenience, filters allow detailing the reports according to your needs:
- If you use CNStats for several sites, you may generate reports for each of them separately;
- Any report can be generated for a particular country or a city (for instance, only for Russia);
- Any report can be generated for users working with Opera browser etc.
- Any other samplings in various combinations.
Types of Filters
There are the following types of filters:
- Common – the filters present itself one or more conditions, united by the same logic (and/or).
- Temporary – there can be only one temporary filter in the system. Upon logging off the filter is deleted automatically.
- By data dictionaries – standard set of filters. These filters cannot be deleted or changed. The filters are generated on the basis of data dictionaries; therefore, it is possible to change filters contents on the spot upon updating data dictionaries.
- Combined – these are combination of common and data dictionary filters. Combination logic may be any.
Creation of Common Filters
1. Select Filters section in the Configuration group; filters list and creation form will be displayed in the information field;
2. Enter the required name into the Filter name field and click the Create button: the filter will be saved in the database and added to the list. You can also create a filter on the basis of the existing ones; all the conditions of the existing filter will be copied into a new one.
To customize a filter, you should select it with the mouse pointer and specify all the settings with the help of a drop-down list.
To change a filter name, you should double-click beside its name with the mouse pointer.
To delete a filter, you should click button to the right of its name in the list.
Fast Creation of Common Filters
To create a common filter on the spot, you should click button to the left of the selected position. The creation form will be displayed in the information field; select the option Common filter, enter the filter name and click Save or Go to - depending on whether you would jump to other report or stay in the current one.
Creating Temporary Filters
To create a temporary filter in the report, you should click button to the left of the selected position.
The system will display a filter creation form; select the option Filter type - Temporary filter, enter the filter name, select the report to pass over after the filter creation, and then click the Go to button.
Creating Combined Filters
Combined filters allow combining the existing common filters. To do it, you should create a condition using common filters and combine them by means of AND and OR operators. To identify common filters, you should take their ID - the number in the left column. An example of the combined filter condition: (1 OR 3) AND 4
There are the following negative identifiers used for filters by data dictionaries:
- -21 – Exclude jumps from search systems
- -22 – Exclude jumps from ratings
- -23 – Exclude jumps from catalogues
- -24 – Exclude jumps from popular servers
- -3 – Exclude known robots
- -4 – Exclude known operation systems
- -6 –- Exclude known browsers
In case any questions arise concerning filters setting, please contact us at http://www.cn-software.com/en/contacts/ .