To install CNSearch, do the following:
- Download CNSearch version suitable for your operating system from the official site;
- Unpack the archive; it should contain three types of files:
- Indexing module is located in /os/indexer/; you should copy it into a directory which cannot be accessed from the Internet;
- Search module is located in /os/frontend/; you should copy it into /cgi-bin/ directory of the web-server;
- Search results form is located in /index_example.htm. This page should be copied into the web-server directory, intended for HTML-pages allocation.
Note: The indexer can function on a web-server as well as on a local computer where another operating system is running. In this case, you should download two distribution kits for different operating systems and use indexer from one distribution kit, while the search module - from the other one (depending on the operating system).