CNCat 4.3 User Manual
Upgrading CNCat 3.1, 2.1, 2.0, 1.4
Important! Before upgrading, save a backup copy of all data into XML-files (Administeration – Settings – Export). In case the upgrade is incorrect, you will be able to restore all data using the backup copy. For more information, see your CNCat User Manual, paragraph ‘Exporting’.
To upgrade CNCat versions 3.x, 2.x, and 1.x, do the following:
- Save a backup copy for versions 3.x and 2.x – export data into XML-files (see the manual for your current CNCat version, paragraph Exporting).
- Save the backup copy of all old directory files.
- Install the current version of CNCat into new folder and new database (or into the same database, but with the different prefix for the tables. By default, the prefix was ‘cncat_’). For more information, see paragraph Installation.
- Import data directly from the old database or from XML-files.
- You can also choose to import design from the old database.
- If you have modified the files ‘_top.php’ and ‘_bottom.php’ in the old version, then copy them into the new version.
- Make sure the web directory and all its functions work fine.
- Once you remove all old files, place the web directory files into the old folder.
In the following paragraphs, the way data and design can be imported is described.