CNCat 4.2 User Manual
Main User Interface Elements
User interface consists of the following elements:
- Menu - links to web directory main page, adding links form, adding articles form, administration page, and XML site map (1).
- The web directory search (2).
- Filters (3).
- The list of the web directory categories (4).
- Links sorting (5).
- The complete list of all the web directory links (6).
- Options allowing to select web directory layout (all content, only links, only articles) (7).
- The list of new links (8) - displays the latest submitted links (the number of displayed links can be set up via Administration - Settings - Web Directory page).
- The list of new articles (9) – displays the latest submitted articles (the number of displayed articles can be set up via Administration - Settings - Web Directory page).
- Web directory statistics (10) displays general stats info (total amount of categories, links in directory, articles in directory, date updated). For a particular category, statistics includes the number of links and articles in the current category.
Main Web Directory Page
- The path to the currently selected category and category’s name (11):
Note: The GUI design depends on the selected theme (see Web Directory).
Menu bar (1) allows you to add link, article, and to go to the administrator interface (see Administrator Interface) and to the web directory map.
Search engine (2) allows finding the required link in the web directory efficiently.
Filters (3) are intended for sorting out the links list by various parameters (language, geography, resource type etc.). The filtering parameters can be set up in the administrator interface; its number and variety of values are unlimited. Several values of each filter can be selected for each link (see Filters).
The list of categories (4) includes the number of links contained in every category/subcategory. Each link can be stored in one or more categories. Besides, it is possible to create cross-categories, which are links to existing categories (see Categories).
A standard sorting mechanism (5) allows sorting links by popularity, name etc.
There are the following parameters defined for each link in the list of all web directory elements (6):
- jumps from/to the site (in brackets);
- the link rating in Google PR and Yandex CY;
- level of “favour” links (marked by “star” icons) (see Adding Link);
- brief description of the link;
- the link URL.
Also, if the administrator has enabled the option to add comments and to rate links and articles for users (see Setting up Comments), then the links Rate and Comments will be displayed for every web directory entry. You can add comment or/and rate the links\article via those links or via the detailed description form.
To view detailed description of a link, click on the icon :
Detailed Link Description
The following parameters are specified for each article in the web directory list (6):
- article title;
- source link.
To display the content, click on the article title or the icon:
To inform the moderator about a link, which does not display its contents, click on the icon (see Warnings).