CNCat 4.2 User Manual
CNCat allows you to add one or more additional fields for links and articles. There are three types of data and three additional fields for each type. You can enable or disable these fields. By default, all the additional fields are disabled.
To set up displaying additional fields in the web directory, go to Settings - Additional Fields admin page. There are two forms for setting up additional fields: one for links and the other one for articles. Both tabs have the same controls.
Additional Fields Setup
Go to the tab you want: either Links or Articles. To add an additional field, select the type of the field first: date, fraction, integer, text, string. Then:
- Label - specify the name of the field being added (the displayed name of the field).
- Activity - select yes to display the additional field on the links/articles adding/editing form in the administrator and user interface.
- Display - select where you want the additional fields to be displayed in the web directory:
- on the adding form - check this box to display the additional field on the form of article/link adding;
- in the list of links and articles - check this box to display the field in the list of links and articles;
- in detailed description - if checked, then the additional field will be displayed on the page of the link/article detailed description.
- Mandatory - specify if this field is mandatory when adding link/article or not by selecting yes or no in the drop-down list correspondingly.
- Search - enable or disable the search according to the current field.
- Sorting order - specify the order the additional field will appear in the web directory after the general build-in fields (the smaller the sorting value, the higher the additional field).
To apply your settings, click the Save button.
Note: the empty additional field, which is not mandatory, will not be displayed on the selected pages, until the template is setup otherwise.