CNCat 4.1.3 User Manual
Main User Interface Elements
User interface consists of the following elements:
- Menu - links to catalogue main page, adding links form, adding articles form, administration page, and XML site map (1).
- The catalogue search (2).
- Filters (3).
- The list of the catalogue categories (4).
- Links sorting (5).
- The complete list of all the catalogue links (6).
- Options allowing to select catalogue layout (all content, only links, only articles) (7).
- The list of new links (8) - displays the latest submitted links (the number of displayed links can be set up via Administration - Settings - Catalogue page).
- The list of new articles (9) – displays the latest submitted articles (the number of displayed articles can be set up via Administration - Settings - Catalogue page).
- The path to the currently selected category and category’s name (10):
Main Catalogue Page
Note: The GUI design depends on the selected theme (see Catalogue).
Menu bar (1) allows you to add link, article, and to go to the administrator interface (see Administrator Interface) and to the catalogue map.
Search engine (2) allows finding the required link in the catalogue efficiently.
Filters (3) are intended for sorting out the links list by various parameters (language, geography, resource type etc.). The filtering parameters can be set up in the administrator interface; its number and variety of values are unlimited. Several values of each filter can be selected for each link (see Filters).
The list of categories (4) includes the number of links contained in every category/subcategory. Each link can be stored in one or more categories. Besides, it is possible to create cross-categories, which are links to existing categories (see Categories).
A standard sorting mechanism (5) allows sorting links by popularity, name etc.
There are the following parameters defined for each link in the list of all catalogue elements (6):
- jumps from/to the site (in brackets);
- the link rating in Google PR and Yandex CY;
- level of “favour” links (marked by “star” icons) (see Adding Link);
- brief description of the link;
- the link URL.
To view detailed description of a link, click on the icon :
Detailed Link Description
The following parameters are specified for each article in the catalogue list (6):
- article title;
- source link.
To display the content, click on the article title:
To inform the moderator about a link, which does not display its contents, click on the icon (see Warnings).