CNCat 4.1.2 User Manual
Working with Links and Articles
A unique interface is implemented for working with various types of links and articles at the Links and Articles section (new, submitted, deleted etc.):
Links and Articles Processing Interface
There is a sorting mechanism at the top of the page, which allows to display links and articles sorted by categories, by dates etc.
Below is the list of links belonging to the given section (new, submitted etc.).
The following parameters are defined for each link:
- the link/article name with the source site icon (after the link checking). The background color is different for links and articles;
- the level of favour (marked by a star multiplied to its number - );
- the date the link/article was added on;
- the site URL (source site);
- the category;
- number of jumps from/to the site (In/Out);
- the link rating in Google PR and Yandex CY;
- the link ID;
- the result of the link’s checking for correctness ( - yes, - no) with the checking date;
- the result of the link’s checking for a backward link availability (- yes, - no) with the checking date.
Under each catalogue element, there options allowing you to:
- delete a link/article (see Deleted Links/Articles);
- submit a new link/article (see Submitted Links/Articles);
- move a submitted/deleted link/article to the New category (see New Links/Articles);
- edit the link/article parameters;
- define the administrator rating for link/article in the catalogue by selecting the required level (0-10);
- perform the link checking (see Checking Links);
- assign the link to the checking queue (see Checking Links).
To process several catalogue elements at a time, you should mark them off and click the corresponding buttons for group operations at the bottom of the page. To process all links displayed on the current page, you should enable the option Mark all the links on the page, located under the links list.
By default, the option All marked links is enabled, i.e. group operations will be applied to all marked links. To apply the operation to all the catalogue elements, found in this section, you should select the option All found links.
To edit the link/article parameters, you should use the Edit option. As a result, the editing form will be displayed on the screen:
Edit Link Form
To edit a link, you should enter the required modifications into corresponding fields equal to those of the addition form. Besides, you can set the following additional parameters of the catalogue elements:
- define displaying variant for a link and its detailed description;
- assign ‘favourite’ level for an element by setting the required level. Favourite elements are displayed at the top of the links list and are marked by the star icon with its number. The number of stars corresponds to the indicated level (maximum – 10). Sorting of favourite elements is performed in decreasing order;
- define the element status (new/submitted).
To save changes, you should click the Save button. To restore initial data, click the Cancel button.