CNStats Rating System Description.
CNStats Rating Scope
The CNStats Rating system has been designed to collect and analyze stats for attendance of any web-site and to build visiting ratings rubricated by different categories.
How It Works
A web-site owner has to register (become a participant) in the system and get a counter code to be placed on every page of his/her web-site. The code allows to request an image placed on CNStats Rating server. When a web-page with the code is visited it triggers a request to the rating system which is recorded to the log-file. All necessary reports are built from the data recorded in the log-file. Visitors are counted with the help of cookies, placed by the inserted counter code when a user visits the web-page.
Two web-servers are started on the server:
- Special high-performance server to process requests from the particpating web-sites, to form counter images, and to record data to the log-files.
- Apache web-server to view ratings and reports.
The system does not employ standard database applications. System performance depends on the performance of the hard drive system.
- Rating for participating web-sites. The rating is displayed as a table with the list of participants sorted by number of the unique hosts. The table contains the following information: names of the participating web-sites (and links to them), number of unique hosts, sessions, hits, and link to the detailed statistics report. So, web-site owners are provded with the opportunity to see attendance stats for their web-sites and with a tool to analyse popularity of the web-site as compared to the other sites in the same subject field (or geographic location).
- Global stats for the rating - combined reports for all participating web-sites. These are Rating Attendace, Local Providers, Display Resolutions, Color Depth, and Operating Systems.
- Counter image selection. By default, the counter (image 88x31) with an arbitrary design and numbers of visits (total starting with the date of initial participation, sessions for today, displays for today) is displayed on the web-pages. A participant can select a different type of image, available in the sysem: with figures or without them, or downsized to 1x1.
- Detailed stats for participating web-sites. The following reports are available: Visits, Popular Pages, Depth of Navigation, IP-addresses, Providers, Languages, Cities, Countries, Operating Systems, Browsers, User-Agents, Accept Languages, Display Resolutions, Color Depth. Reports are available in a table and graphical form.
- Access level. A participant can allow all users to view detailed information on his/her web-site stats or restrict access to the web-site stats by setting up a password.
- One server is required for the system to run. Xeon 2.8GHz, 1Gb, RAID 5x36Gb SCSI HDD, FreeBSD 5.x, 6.x.;
- Internet connection: not less than 10Mbit (100 Mbit recommended);
- 2 real IP-addresses preferred;
- Performance: not less than 10 millions of counter showings per 24 hours.
Note. These are not requirements. These are only examples of configuration, which can vary - write to us for details.