User Manual / CNSearch 1.5.1
To install CNSearch one should perform the following options:
- Download CNSearch version suitable for oner operating system from the official site;
- Unpack the archive; it should contain three types of files:
- Indexing module is located in /os/indexer/; one should copy it into a directory, inaccessible to the Internet connections;
- Search module is located in /os/frontend/; one should copy it into /cgi-bin/ directory of the web-server;
- Search results form is located in /index_example.htm. This page should be copied into web-server directory, intended for HTML-pages allocation.
Note: The indexer can function on a web-server as well as on a local computer where another operating system is running. In this case one should download two distribution kits for different operating systems and use indexer from one distribution kit, while search module - from the other one (depending on the operating system).
To update a version one should perform the following actions:
- Download a new version of CNSearch from the official site;
- Replace the old indexer files with the new version files.
- Create a new search index - perform re-indexing.
- Delete the old search index.
- Replace the old module files with the new version files.
- Copy the new search index instead of the old one.
Note: In case additional options will be required for the installation, they will be described in the enclosed user guide.
Back | Manual index | Next