CNSearch - Web-sites Search Engine
CNSearch is a cross-platform, full-text search system, easy to install and to set up.
With the help of CNSearch, you can perform full-text search by html, doc, rtf, pdf, txt, and mp3 files, highlight the search result phrases, accumulate and display statistics for search requests.
The system does not use any database; only access to /cgi-bin/ is required for CNSearch functioning. At present, CNSearch is installed on sites of such hosting-providers as Pair, MasterHost, Caravan, Zenon etc.
- Search by HTML, TXT, PDF, DOC, RTF, XLS and MP3 files;
- Highlighting of the found phrases;
- Sorting by relevancy or by date;
- Modifiable requests logic - AND, OR, COMBINED;
- Russian morphology support;
- Statistics accumulation by search requests;
- Easy modifiable interface (without restrictions) of the search result page;
- Possibility to search by a file system;
- Possibility to create indexes on a local computer, so that they can be transfered to the site later;
- The application does not use databases;
- Minimal system requirements: only access to /cgi-bin/ is required (ValueHost - the tariff program A, Caravan - the tariff program "Standard", MasterHost - the tariff program "Optimal", Agava - the tariff program "Normal").
The program is distributed free of charge under GNU GPL.